Tuesday 16 August 2016

Tiffany

For audio click here 
Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another's hand.
It really was like we were in that Tiffany song; just me and Julia trying to get away into the spring night. We were trying to find a place where there didn’t seem to be anyone around.
There was love and laughter in the air. Well lust and laughter.

 I am not sure why we were running, or who we were running from, but there was an overwhelming need for speed. The park was big and empty and a little scary in the dead of night. Any other time I would have been wary of the shadows in the trees, but lust trumps fear, passion brings bravery. We could have tumbled to the ground anywhere, but we wanted to get to our spot. The place we’d first met, the place we’d first kissed and now the place we’d first, you know, do it. She’d done it before of course, with Willo. It seemed every girl in our year had done it with Willo. He was the go to guy, the number one cherry picker. For me it was my first time, I was excited, nervous, scared and proud. I was on the very precipice of being a man. In the next quarter of an hour I was going to grow up. She was going to show me the way.
Finally, we tumbled to the ground. We were completely alone now, but the beating of our hearts were not quite the only sound. An owl hooted somewhere close to us and something rustled in the grass.  Her arms wrapped around me, our lips met, we moved clothes to one side.  There was no need for speed now, but predictably, I was still in a hurry. 






No comments:

Post a Comment