Friday 12 August 2016

Poetry Friday 6

For audio click here
I know I am like the boy who cried wolf. But people seem to enjoy my poetry Fridays, so I'm keeping them coming..


The Break Up
She said:
let’s go and feed the ducks.
I knew what she meant.
She said:
it’s not you, it’s me.
I knew what she meant.
She said:
I need space.
I knew what she meant.
The ducks smiled noisily.

She walked away.

I have to give credit to my friend Ellie Powell for the phrase smiled noisily. It was she who came up with it at a writer's meeting.


Bedtime stories
Dropping off,
your words carry
resonance,
as I hear them through your chest.
The stories of your day.
Boring but
comforting.
Sending me
to sl…

Seagulls.
Many,
all wanting to be heard.
voices louder,
raucous
craws.
Verbal sparring.
egos flapping.
If everybody's talking,

who's listening?

 For previous poetry Friday's click here and here and here and here and here

1 comment: