Thursday 10 March 2016

A nearly poet's poems - Day 4

Continuing with something a little different this week. 
In the past I have shared my short story poems and my Christmas ones. This week I am sharing poems I have written since starting my creative writing MA. These are called my non-poet's poems. Each day there will be a longer poem, an experimental poem, a haiku and a Cardiff Haiku, 

I don't really call myself a poet, but I am growing in confidence, as you can tell by the ever evolving title of this week's posts. So any feedback, any constructive criticism is welcome. If you are looking for my stories, then click here.


For audio click here 

For day 1 click hereday 2 here, day 3 here and day 5 here.


The sugar bowl on the stairs (Click here for the story version)
The sugar bowl on the stairs,
sits and stares
accusingly at me.
Why it’s there is a mystery.
Some history
between former residents?
A symbol of love
unrequited?
A lover slighted?
Something once full of sweetness,
now empty and alone?
Abandoned
7 steps up,
5 steps down.
A frown
on its face, (if it had one).

My experimental poem today is a reverse Haiku. 

Reverse Haiku  7-5-7
Peaks
Snowcapped peaks against blue sky,
lake glistens like ice.
Sniper shoots young soldier dead.

Old Dancer
ancient bones crick-crack
body bent but nimble feet
dancing a salsa.


Cardiff Haiku (Click here for a story about this place.)
The Hayes
Hayes Island Snack Bar
Oasis for the hungry,
Grease rolls down my face.




7 comments:

  1. I love the way you juxtapose things and ideas in an unexpected way
    - An ordinary sugar bowl as a metaphor of loneliness after you lover has left you
    - beautiful landscape and the death of a soldier
    - a dance (sth associated with slim young body) and older woman
    - oasis and grease

    Lovely works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything interesting in spam comments? hehehe?
    I just thought about something you once posted (even twice if I remember well)
    http://garethsshortstoryblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/something-silly.html?zx=1ab4d4c0f7345c1e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not had any spam since the beginning of the year, hope this doesn't jinx it.

      Delete
  3. Maybe it is because you have not written any red warning story recently:-) You should improve:-) spam comments were quite funny:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it is because you have not written any red warning story recently:-) You should improve:-) spam comments were quite funny:-)

    ReplyDelete