Wednesday 23 March 2016

6 x 6

So today another little experiment. What follows are six, six word stories. A six word story should encapsulate the heart of a story in 6 words. I am not attempting to tell a whole story with a beginning middle and end but each "story" allows the reader to imagine, construct, or ask questions in their mind. 
Treat each story like a new wine to taste. Savour it, swill it, stay with it before you move on to the next one. 
Oh and we also have a guest author on today's blog. 
As ever,  let me know what you think. 


I am suing the magic circle.



In Vienna, no sign of Midge.


Her dress looked perfect… on me.


I wonder if they feel guilty.



“Put my what, where?” said David.


“I never loved Mickey,” said Minnie.


and one for luck

Can’t write six word stories.


and one from my friend Nikki

Six words are just not enough. 



3 comments:

  1. Your guest author is wrong. Six words can be enough to get across a powerful meaning like this: http://www.sixwordstories.net/2014/03/strangers-friends-best-friends-lovers-strangers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes, very good. reminds me of my poem.
      Apart
      The week
      became a month
      became a year
      you changed your hair
      I changed my postcode.
      suddenly
      we were strangers
      best friends
      separated by
      silence.

      Delete