Tuesday 2 February 2016

The Bra Part 1

An interactive story, details at the end. 
For audio click here 
When I left my house this morning, there was a bra on my garden gate. A red bra, not a run-of-the-mill everyday-wear bra, but not an overtly sexy one either. Maybe a first date if you think there might be a possibility of sex bra. What do you do when there is a bra on your front gate? Do you put it in your pocket for safekeeping? Put it in the wheelie bin? Or leave it where it is in case its owner retraces her (or his) steps and comes looking for the bra? I decided to do the latter, thinking that a bra was quite a valuable commodity and the owner would surely come looking for it.  
But despite leaving it where it was, it travelled with me all day; it may not of been in my pocket but it was in my mind. I wondered why it was hanging on my gate, who could possibly have left it there. A lost glove is explainable; the reasons behind a lost jumper or coat don’t take too much thought; a lost shoe is a bit harder, especially where there’s only one. But a lost bra was proving a tough nut to crack.
Had the wearer suddenly had a moment of feminist enlightenment and removed the bra forever, my gate symbolising the freedom she now felt? But that didn’t seem likely in this day and age.
Had it blown off a neighbour’s line in the wind and my gate was the random resting place? Possible but it hadn’t been that windy last night.
Had the wearer been walking home with a lover, so eager were they to consummate the relationship that they were undressing as they went? But wouldn’t that mean there’d be other clothes in the vicinity.
Or more boringly or more depressingly, maybe it had been digging into the wearer during a dull date. As soon as she was free from the tit she was dating she gave freedom to her tits. But I lived in a cul-de-sac, you didn’t get many people passing-by on the way home from dates.
Or maybe it was a message, maybe the person had left the bra for me to find; some kind of cryptic clue to a secret admirer. I loved this idea, but who was likely to secretly admire me?
As the day grew on I began to wonder if it was a message but a more sinister one. What if some gang or Mafioso had left it as a warning; maybe they were going to milk me for money or truss me up.
I was beginning to be suspicious of everyone and everything. Were my mates playing a trick on me? I felt like people were laughing at me, like I was the victim of a practical joke that everyone else is in on. 

When I got home the bra was still there; hanging on the gate; greeting me like a beloved puppy. I decided to take it in to the house. Of course, I had difficulty undoing it, but eventually I got it off and took it inside.

So why was the bra there? Who has put it there and why? Leave your ideas in the comments below and the best one(s) will feature in part two of this story.



10 comments:

  1. The first thing that came to my mind after reading this was that it was thrown out of a plane.
    The woman was sitting on a plane, half an hour after the take off, still one more hour... She suddenly felt the straps of the bra digging trenches into her shoulders. It became so painful that she felt like a little mermaid, but it was not walking that caused her excruciating pain but these straps, they felt like knives stabbing her. She new she had to get rid of it forever snd she felt she had to do that immediately because the gremlins in her had kept saying:
    'Go on, open it, open it. Pull the handle, it's telling you to do it, it says pull on it, go on, pull the handle, throw the damn thing away. Get rid of it"
    She just had to open the window and get rid of it.....

    Or maybe it was:
    1. It is not a bra. Maybe a parachute for a mouse or any other object.
    2. His psychoterapist left it and is observing his patient to see his reactions that would let him diagnose him better. The psychoterapist is a strong believer in Freud's theories.
    3. That is a kind of a city game. There are other colour bras left in the other parts of the city. One has to collect them all
    4. Modern day Cinderella left it. Now the man has to take it and try it on different ladies and find the one whom this bra fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the explanation I like most is one of yours: this is a message from the secret admirer (she knows the man is bad arpt reading signs, she has been trying to attract his attention for ages and nothing worked. She decided to do something unusual and he has to use deduction to guess who she is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petra Goláňová2 February 2016 at 14:52

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153880820129872&id=341887854871&refid=12

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was left there by an ex-lover - somebody who wanted to remind the man of the good old days. When leaving the artefact on the gate, she secretly hoped he would remember the owner immediately. Well, she was wrong. Men forget way too quickly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if they are non monogamous:-) how should they remember all these women with all their their bras?

      Delete
  5. Petra Goláňová6 February 2016 at 14:27

    'Maybe a first date if you think there might be a possibility of sex bra. ..Had the wearer suddenly had a moment of feminist enlightenment and removed the bra forever, my gate symbolising the freedom she now felt? ....When I got home the bra was still there; hanging on the gate; greeting me like a beloved puppy. '

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was posted exactly two years ago. Whete is part two Mr Author?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exactly one year ago, not two. :-) give me another year.

      Delete
    2. Why did I write two when I was thinking one? Strange. Anyway, i am not giving you another year. Second part please:-)

      Delete