Tuesday 1 December 2015

Living together

For audio click here
The toilet, at last. I’d been dying for this for ages.  This time I thought I wouldn’t make it, I thought I wouldn’t quite get there in time, but like the last time and the time before, somehow I survived, arrived at the last minute and sated my need just in time. 
When I was on my own, I could get it out anytime; so much so that I took it for granted, I just did it everywhere and anywhere. But now she’s moved in it is not so simple. She was half way through a story when the need struck and when she gets half way through a story, no one is allowed to leave. I’ve tried it in the past, told her to hold that thought but she won’t have it, when she is in full flow nothing can stop her. And of course, I can’t just get it out in front of her, no she won’t have that. 
So I had to wait, let the pressure build up, shift uncomfortably on my seat while trying to pay attention to her words. But my mind was wandering, her words were meaningless, unintelligible. I couldn’t concentrate on what she was saying. I had one thing on my mind. 
Finally, I couldn’t wait any longer. I had to go. 
“Back in a minute,” I blurted out, and ran off to the loo. 
But there still wasn’t the blessed relief; I still needed to get it out, release the beast and that was easier said than done. I struggled with the thing, it somehow seemed to be caught in the folds of my jeans, impossible to set free.  I was hopping from foot to foot, desperate, beyond desperate, distressed beyond despair. Finally, I released it from its trap, and I could revel in the freedom.  Satisfaction and contentment were just moments away. I smiled, relief flooded through my body. At last, my phone was in my hand and I could check Facebook. 





3 comments:

  1. haha:-) brilliant:-) it somehow reminded me of this one: http://garethsshortstoryblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-race.html

    ok, I'd better sneak into the toilet to check my FB too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra Goláňová5 December 2015 at 01:07

    My FLs:
    When I was on my own, I could get it out anytime; so much so that I took it for granted, I just did it everywhere and anywhere. But now she’s moved in it is not so simple. ...But there still wasn’t the blessed relief; I still needed to get it out, release the beast and that was easier said than done. I struggled with the thing, it somehow seemed to be caught in the folds of my jeans, impossible to set free. I was hopping from foot to foot, desperate, beyond desperate, distressed beyond despair. Finally, I released it from its trap, and I could revel in the freedom.

    ReplyDelete