Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas Verse


Happy Christmas. No story today but a couple of poems. Enjoy. Well worth listening to the audio for the accent and the singing.

For audio click here

Sticky Tape
The shop is out of sticky tape
I don’t know what to do,
it’s  coming up to Christmas Day
and you can’t wrap presents with glue.

I’ve yards and yards of paper
tags and ribbons too
but the shop is out of sticky tape
and you can’t wrap presents with glue.

I can’t use stickers or blue tack
staples just won’t do
it’s  coming up to Christmas Day
and you can’t wrap presents with glue.

Your fingers get all sticky
The paper gets soggy too
the wrapping sticks to the presents. 
No, you can’t wrap  presents with glue.

This one comes from the fact I am an Uncle as well as a writer and the boys are all under ten. 

Tis the season 
Tis the season to  be smelly fa la la la la la la la la
Lots of food gone in my belly fa la la la la la la la la
I ate turkey, I ate sprouts fa la la fa la la la la la
Now's the time to let it out fa la la la la la la la la


Happy Christmas :-) and if you fancy buying yourself a Christmas present, how about one or both of my books available on Amazon and Smashwords. 



1 comment: