Friday 17 April 2015

Still 24 Hours from Tulsa.

For audio click here

It will help if you know this song to get this letter. There are lyrics in the comments.



Dearest Darling,
I had to write to beg you for your forgiveness, and hope that you will forgive me and allow me to come back to you and to my home.
In my last letter I told you how I was only twenty-four hours from Tulsa when I met another woman with whom I lost control and suddenly found myself caressing despite being only 1 day away from your arms.
You have to understand that she was a beautiful woman, a woman whose charms were irresistible. She was being incredibly flirtatious with me and I am just a simple man. But what a fool I was, once again I was guilty of thinking with my another part of my body and not my brain.
Anyway, it turns out that despite declaring my undying love for this woman and telling her I would die before I let her out of my arms, she didn’t quite feel the same way about me. In fact to her I was just a business transaction, a client, a customer. And by the way she charges a fortune for an overnight liaison.
Now I look back on it, of course she was a lady of the night. How did I not see it before; a scantily clad girl outside a cheap motel, it was so obvious. how naïve was I?
So, I am writing to you to let you know I’m still just 24 hours from Tulsa. Say the word and I can be in your arms in just one day. I know I have been a fool but please take me back so I can come home again.
Yours longingly

Gene.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gene
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gene,
      Clever? I don't really need your cheap compliments.
      This is all I have to say:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVb_wGuW2R4
      Gloria

      ;-)

      Delete