Friday 12 September 2014

Arrested Again

Something a little extra for those of you who read and listen today. 


I'm writing this in the back of a police car waiting for an angry policeman to calm down. Apparently I’ve been arrested for obstructing a police officer. But I guess if it ever gets to court, what the judge will have to decide is, who was guilty of a sense of humour failure? Was it me for misreading a mood and underestimating the seriousness with which the officer involved took his job? Or was it him for not finding my joke funny?
Let me state the case for the defence.

It was just a harmless joke your honour, just a way to brighten the mood, an opportunity for two stressed people to smile. He was doing his job, I was innocently passing by. He had just put a parking ticket on an illegally parked car, an act that I applaud him for. Rules are rules and people who break them, however petty, should be punished. So with ticket in place, as is the fashion these days he was preparing to take a photo of his handy work. I guess it is an evidence thing. So, I, an innocent passer-by, was innocently passing by when I saw the opportunity for a photobomb. You know when a stranger invades your photo with a silly face. I’ve never done one before, well only on friends not on strangers and this was my chance. I’ve become much more daring in recent years. I used to live by the rules of what if, but they suck. So I plastered a stupid grin across my face and turned around just as he clicked the button taking a photo of his ticket and my gormless grin. I thought it was hilarious, he evidently did not. 

Wondering why this is called arrested again? well check out this archive story.

1 comment:

  1. bloody hell... shit happens :-)
    I may all be true apart from the fact it wasn't you

    ReplyDelete