Monday 14 July 2014

Gareth’s Short Story Poem Podcast 1



As I am away this week and might not have time to write a story  I am doing something a bit different. I’m sharing with you my short story poems. A short story poem is a sort of combination of a poem and a short story. I am not really a poet but I hope these make you smile.

Wearing Shorts
I sneeze
a wet breeze
hits my knees

Stereotypes
I asked her about stereotypes.
She replied she had a Sanyo.
I knew we had no future.

Let us eat cake.
We’re fed lies
with fries
and  football.
We’re Game of Thrones
drones.
Let us eat cake,
if only we could afford it.

The Dilemma
A fishnet top
and no bra
meant her perky breasts
were clearly visible
My feminist side said
don’t look
My masculine side said
don’t look
away.

The Zipper
undoing the zipper
on the back of your dress
and thinking yes!
as that dress
slips to the floor.

Find day 2 here day 3 here day 4 here and day 5 here 

2 comments:

  1. Petra Goláňová12 July 2015 at 13:49

    A limerick from The joke book by Christopher Barickman and Andrea Jandejsková:

    There once was a sailor named Bates
    who danced the Fandango on skates
    till a fall on his cutlass
    rendered him nutless
    and practiclly useless on dates...

    ReplyDelete