Friday 14 February 2014

SF(a)ADL The Guy with the Goatee Beard




On August 1 2013 I published Scenes from an Airport Departure Lounge. Descriptions of people at Heathrow. This week I am expanding on those descriptions a little with some imagined elaborations. 

       The man with the goatee beard was watching the world while quietly waiting for the woman behind him to announce that  the plane was ready for boarding at gate A13. But that announcement was to be a long time in coming. He looked tired and resigned to the fact that we were in for a long wait busying himself with his mobile phone and people watching. I liked him, despite the weariness his eyes were gentle, I liked the way he looked at people. I watched him watch others, his thumb moving on his phone screen as his eyes settled on someone before moving on to the next. Was he doing what I think he was doing? Was he describing those people? He was, he was writing. 
I let my shoe dangle, if he was describing people I wanted him to describe me and the best way to get a man’s attention in a crowded departure lounge was to do the high heel dangle thing. I felt his eyes on me and imagined they were his fingers, slowing making their way up my body, devouring my feet and legs, then my chest then my face. His eyes were gentle, patient, sensitive, he wasn’t ogling me lik some hormonal teenager but was somehow seducing me with those eyes. I smiled at him and to my great amusement he blushed and looked away. But that didn’t stop me from imagining those eyes tenderly roaming my body.

1 comment:

  1. And at that moment I even didn't want to escape from the tyranny of the climax. I just couldn't stop thinking about it:)

    ReplyDelete