Wednesday 11 December 2013

Fan Fiction



When Genie read they were filming In Brugge 2 actually in Brugge she was overcome with excitement. She’d assumed it was going to be filmed in Dublin or Prague or somewhere that could vaguely be mistaken for Brugge but no they were going to film in right here in her city and that meant one thing. 
 ‘Colin Farrell is coming to town.’ she sang to herself to the tune of Santa Claus is coming to town. It really was all her Christmases had come at once. Now all she had to do was work out a way to get close to him, really close to him. 
It was obvious really, she’d get herself a job at the only hotel in town. No matter that she already had a job as a HR manager at the local brewery she could surely do a little moonlighting as a chambermaid or waitress. At the interview the manager looked at her with suspicion. Why did she want a job at the hotel with her qualifications? 
‘I feel a little burnt out, I need a change, just short term, something to help me recharge my batteries.’ She was utterly convincing, and so here she was changing the sheets on the bed that Colin Farrell had slept in the last night. 
 ‘Oh I’m sorry’ the Irish-American accent startled her, she looked up from the bed to see Colin standing there. Wow, she couldn’t believe it. 
Oh I’ll come back later’ she said coolly pretending she didn’t know who he was. 
‘No no, you carry on, I just need to get my sunglasses.’
‘Do I know you?’ she asked nonchalantly. The lack of recognition seemed to throw the film star. For once it was him that was a little flustered not the person he was talking to. 
‘I’ve er, been in a film or two.’ he said, his Irish accent a bit stronger now. 
‘Oh.’ She said and went back to making the bed, a small smirk on her face. 
‘Have you ever seen Phone Booth or Total Recall?’ 
‘No.’ Genie plumped up a pillow, still trying to take no notice of her idol stood just feet away.
‘And you, what do you do?’ It was a dumb question, it was pretty obvious what she did, she was plumping up his pillows. 
 ‘I’ll give you three guesses?’ She could tell he wasn’t used to the insubordination. 
He took a step closer, she moved around the bed in his direction. They were centimetres apart now. She looked up and smiled. 
‘I think I’m all done here,’ she said and left the room. Her heart was beating like crazy, but had she played it right? Would he come chasing? Maybe she should have just thrown herself on him. But she needn’t have worried. 
‘Um miss!’ The now familiar accent echoed down the corridor. Genie turned around. 
 ‘Yes’ 
‘I was wondering if you’d like to go to dinner tonight.’ 
Her heart missed a beat, her head spun, her stomach flipped. 
Yes yes yes. But she had to be calm. 
‘Um, yeah I think I’m free.’ 
‘I’ll pick you up here at 9’ he sounded like a nervous little boy. Genie nodded, let herself into the next room and  did a dance of delight. It was only when she heard a cough that she realised that a rather startled looking pensioner was looking at her from the bed, she really should have knocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment