Friday 21 June 2013

Sancho Panza


Complicated lead in to this one :-) 
This is yesterday's story from a different angle. But it is also a song story. Can you guess the song. Answer at the end.

She was a horrible person, selfish, aggressive, opinionated and spiteful oh and did I mention stroppy - a if she didn’t get her own way she lose it stroppiness that meant you always had to tread carefully around her, one misplaced comment and she could hit the roof even in the open air.   Added to this she was a hole picker, that negative person that every office has that makes mountains out of molehills and dramas out of crises. I hated her, really hated her, so why did I keep ending up in her bed?

It was probably because when she smiled, which was not very often, but when she did, it was the most beautiful smile in the world. How could someone so evil have such an angelic smile? it just didn't seem fair. She knew it too, and she used it, oh how she used it.
Last night was the perfect example, all I said was I thought Steve had taken a shine to her, a perfectly innocent comment, a joke even, but she went off on one. She walked away from me and started talking to some new bloke from her work called Leon, who probably hasn’t worked out what’s she’s really like yet. 
She was making a real show of it too, all for my benefit of course. Throwing her head back in laughter, little touches on his arm, poor fella I bet he thought he’d seduced her for a minute. That poor foolish Sancho Panza had fallen for her smile and her promises of adventures. But it was all an act. I knew she’d come back to me eventually, she always did. Meanwhile I watched her little cabaret, seething inside, wanting to give her an ice pick to make her ears burn, determined that this time I wouldn’t take her back. But I knew deep down that I would, because in reality it wasn’t him that had fallen for the smile and the promises, it was me. 


4 comments:

  1. hahah... great:) very unexpected. love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok.. just come across this story. Probably my comment above - almost 3 years ago - funny to see that. But the problem is that neither comuter or iPad show the song at the end. could you bloody fix that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not it is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2np37JNEg

      Delete
    2. It still can't be seen beneath the story but I copied the link. Thanks.

      Delete